Background

Friday, July 25, 2014

A Card for Danny

Hello Crafty Friends!

It has certainly been awhile since I felt brave enough to post another card but I just had to post this one!

I made a card on Wednesday night for a little boy with terminal cancer named Danny Nickerson.  His birthday is today and he is turning 6.  There are stories about him all over the internet like this one and his Mother was requesting cards to be sent to him because he loves getting mail with his name on it!  I just learned about Danny's sad story last night and I immediately made a card for him.

My card was inspired by this adorable card made by an awesome paper crafter named Lydia.

So without further ado here is my card...



And here is the inside. I used these fun Souffle pens by Sakura to write my message. 




My sweet hubby mailed the card with priority shipping on Thursday morning to guarantee he would have it by tomorrow!  I sure hope he likes it!  I thought he would think it was cool to have a card with his name on it especially since he likes it so much when his name is on the envelopes in the mail!  :-)

Well, that's all I have for today.  Thank you so much for stopping by and if you can please let me know what you think!  It's awfully scary putting your hard work out there in the internet world for all to see and wondering what people think when they see it!  LOL  

Till next time!
Sarah 


3 comments:

  1. What a card!!! Created and shared LIKE A BOSS!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Sarah, I love this card, it is so cute and such a lovely thing to do. Thank you for your recent comment on my blog. I am not sure if I will be bale to make a video colouring those flowers, although I will see what I can do. I do have a video showing how I use the Zig markers, in case you may be interested though - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IPLTp8EJDtc Have a lovely day! :)

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment! You'll make my day! :-)